Monday, March 2, 2009

Weekend shopping

One of the compensations for my children growing up is that there is always someone available for a girly shopping trip. So Saturday saw older daughter and myself heading off to Westfield Shopping centre at Shepherds Bush this trip being made all the easier thanks to a newly opended through train that took us right to the door. When we got there WOW!!................


The first and best purchase of the day was in Topshop where one Xmas Giftcard saw these slip happily onto my daughters feet and they stayed there all day.

Paperchase saw me ading to my owl goodies with this water bottle in anticipation of warmer weather and more time spent down the allotment, and also the red spotty background paper which is fab!
We had a ball, we marvelled at the diamonds in Tiffanys, redesigned the interior of our house in Habitat, and drew inspiration in the designer village from the likes of Karen Millen, Ted Baker and French Connection. We drank smoothies in the 50s retro styled M&S cafe. We amazingly made it round the whole thing although we didn't go in every store I'm not sure that is physically possible! We will be back with younger daughter in tow, no sleepover would keep her away next time methinks!



Sunday was a lovely relaxing day and the afternoon I spent sewing and working on developing some work using my own designs.....I am not sharing yet but I had one of those Eureeka! moments where I got the look and effect that I had been struggling to find. So excited was I that I had to rush upstairs and interrrupt some Science revision to share it with my young ones.
I also covered the drawers of the cupboard above using pages from a 50s school book that I picked up at a book sale in Hampshire last weekend. I am really pleased with how it turned out and love this style of illustration.

3 comments:

marlenedesigner said...

Cute finds!

bex said...

the drawers look great....i really like them.
love the shoes aswell!!!
x

Heather Leavers said...

cupboard looks great!