Friday, January 13, 2012

Upstairs Gallery - Textiles Exhibition

The beginning of this year has been busy preparing for the first exhibition of 2012 at Upstairs Gallery. The exhibition runs from next Tuesday 17th January - 18th February. There is a range of fabulous textile artists taking part using a variety of mediums. I will be showing some wall pieces which have been a departure for me and not an easy one! it's one thing putting your designs onto a cushion but another experience entirely presenting it as a piece of art to stand entirely on it's own merits.
I will post photos of a couple of the pieces I have printed once I have had a chance to photograph them properly.

My available blogging time is being sorely tested as I travel with Laura to interviews for her degree course applications, combined with keeping up with orders from my shops and my increasing involvement with the gallery.

3 comments:

Dotty said...

Good luck with the exhibition

sea-blue-sky & abstracts said...

Good luck with the exhibition Louise, looking forward to seeing your submissions. Lesley x

Unknown said...

Hope it goes really well.

Louise, my little jewellery shop is currently on Big Cartel, but I am being really drawn in by the community vibe of etsy and folksy. Have you got a view on etsy versus folksy because I am dithering hopelessly! Bx